Tod Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

SIT DOWN PROTEST

4 posters

Go down

SIT DOWN PROTEST Empty SIT DOWN PROTEST

Post  westhamthug Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:36 am

A Todmorden man has put it upon himself to organise a mass sit down, in front of the Town Hall, after new year he has got a thousand people to participate blocking HALIFAX ROAD, the idea of the protest is to wake up our council and make them rip up the parking meters, he needs a thousand more volunteers, one councillor said he'd put his name forward so I said I would mine too, there is going to a similar protest at BULLS GREEN HALIFAX at the same time, there is a three thousand Protesting in HALIFAX, thus blocking the hole of HALIFAX right the way through to Todmorden.
westhamthug
westhamthug

Back to top Go down

SIT DOWN PROTEST Empty Re: SIT DOWN PROTEST

Post  little voice Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:18 am

are there parking meters in Tod, where are they?
little voice
little voice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:50 pm

I have not seen any......unless they are in storage under the Town Hall ....are there a 1000 volunteers in Tod .. what is this councilor putting his name towards ...

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mountainman Jones Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Who is this man? I heard Cllr Collins (who was dredged out of retirement to keep Mulhall from being re-elected) at the last Ward Forum say something to the extent, "places like Halifax have very poor parking, so Tod should count itself lucky" or words to that effect... So don't expect any sympathy from Halifax on that count
David Mountainman Jones
David Mountainman Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  westhamthug Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:36 am

Tried rubbing your eyes a bit JOE you park for nothing anyway, you've got free parking ever tried car park next to Morecambe Bay next to the car park there's a big board put up next to the Todmorden Market, and before you shouting your mouth off JOE Morecambe Bay is the stall next to Tods indoor market, the reason why we call this Morecambe Bay is rather sick, when it got built it had to be pulled down again for it subsided, at the same time as the Chinese died on Morecambe Bay cockle picking.
westhamthug
westhamthug

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:40 am

Yes I know the spot well ..have parked on most of them spaces more than once over the years .. but there has never been parking meters on them ...

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 am

westhamthug wrote:Tried rubbing your eyes a bit JOE you park for nothing anyway, you've got free parking ever tried car park next to Morecambe Bay next to the car park there's a big board put up next to the Todmorden Market, and before you shouting your mouth off JOE Morecambe Bay is the stall next to Tods indoor market, the reason why we call this Morecambe Bay is rather sick, when it got built it had to be pulled down again for it subsided, at the same time as the Chinese died on Morecambe Bay cockle picking.
That is not a parking meter, you don't wind it up, it isn't for just one car.
London boy who don't know what a meter is, you sure your from the smoke
Estelle
Estelle
Admin

http://www.incredible-edible-todmorden.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:40 am

westhamthug wrote:Tried rubbing your eyes a bit JOE you park for nothing anyway, you've got free parking ever tried car park next to Morecambe Bay next to the car park there's a big board put up next to the Todmorden Market, and before you shouting your mouth off JOE Morecambe Bay is the stall next to Tods indoor market, the reason why we call this Morecambe Bay is rather sick, when it got built it had to be pulled down again for it subsided, at the same time as the Chinese died on Morecambe Bay cockle picking.

By the way ..you had beter pick another name for that site ..there were alterations made....not because of subsidence.. because the walls were built the wrong way .. there was supposed to be built in seating .. but it was changed ..and someone forgot to tell the builders.. other things were also wrong ...they lay riven Yorkshire flags on the bit near the bus station ...they lasted one day before they found out these were too expensive ..and had been changed ..so they picked them up and re-laid the ones we have now .. there were a few more things but will maybee post on another topic if needed

Back to top Go down

Post  westhamthug Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:57 am

Since when have you been a moderator on here JOE, I think your head sometimes so high in the clouds, that you don't see what's in front of your nose. there has been parking meters there in the centre of Tod Car park as well as the one outside the pet shop, next to that green thing they call the entrance to Tod Market, just one you might your eyes the meters have been their since a Labour Calderdale councillor (Pam Warhurst)* voted it in at the meeting, does thousands of signatures on petitions mean its worthless when you already new the outcome.

*Name has been changed.
westhamthug
westhamthug

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:25 am

westhamthug wrote:Since when have you been a moderator on here JOE, I think your head sometimes so high in the clouds, that you don't see what's in front of your nose. there has been parking meters there in the centre of Tod Car park as well as the one outside the pet shop, next to that green thing they call the entrance to Tod Market, just one you might your eyes the meters have been their since a Labour Calderdale councillor (Pam Warhurst)* voted it in at the meeting, does thousands of signatures on petitions mean its worthless when you already new the outcome.

*Name has been changed.
They are pay and display machines NOT parking meters, there are no parking meters in Tod, Please stop saying there are meters.
Estelle
Estelle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  westhamthug Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:32 am

YES! Pay and display, well what's that mean to you then, they are still parking meters as such, you can still get a ticket for not dSisplaying the ticket in your car, unless you are excempt like JOE with his own ticket. THROUGH THE NHS
westhamthug
westhamthug

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 am

westhamthug wrote:YES! Pay and display, well what's that mean to you then, they are still parking meters as such, you can still get a ticket for not dSisplaying the ticket in your car, unless you are excempt like JOE with his own ticket. THROUGH THE NHS
a meter meters you stay, times how long you are there one meter per car. and as a rule far more expensive.
Estelle
Estelle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:36 am

westhamthug wrote:YES! Pay and display, well what's that mean to you then, they are still parking meters as such, you can still get a ticket for not dSisplaying the ticket in your car, unless you are excempt like JOE with his own ticket. THROUGH THE NHS

What is your actual beef with this ... THERE ARE NO PARKING METERS IN TOD .... you do not (as far as I know) know how to drive ..let alone own a car .. also why is it such an issue about the parking arrangement I have with the Authorities .. I do not ask nor want to know what arrangement you have with Gena to park your A*** outside her premises

Back to top Go down

Post  westhamthug Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:18 am

WWWWOOOOOOOOOO Me thinks I have stirred up a hornets nest, at last a break through in communication.

No! That bit is true I cant drive, mind you I do drive but not a car, But people up the wall, but not as professional as David now that does take some practicing.

But I do feel strongly about driver and the that have driven away from Tod because of pay and display.
westhamthug
westhamthug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum