Tod Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

WHITE RIBBON

3 posters

Go down

WHITE RIBBON  Empty WHITE RIBBON

Post  Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:16 pm

The "White Ribbon Campaign" have got a do on starting at Riggs on 28th July at 1pm... they are doing a relay with the Olympic torch from Rigg's to there office in Mythomroyd ... which will be split into 8x1mile legs... get out and support this as all the money raised is going to the Calder Valley Flood Appeal....

flower flower

Back to top Go down

WHITE RIBBON  Empty Re: WHITE RIBBON

Post  westhamthug Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:16 pm

That's a good idea.
westhamthug
westhamthug

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mountainman Jones Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:30 am

Isn't the white ribbon campaign that sexist campaign that only cares about female victims of domestic abuse?
David Mountainman Jones
David Mountainman Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca222 Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:34 am

David Mountainman Jones wrote:Isn't the white ribbon campaign that sexist campaign that only cares about female victims of domestic abuse?
Yes, I'm embarrassed to have to admit that it seems to me to be just that.

There have been comments in Tod News about it.
Rebecca222
Rebecca222

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:52 am

So are you saying that there should be no care or support for female victims.. I know domestic violence goes both ways .. but hey you know as much as I that the majority of domestic violence is against women. surely any sort of campaign to help these women is a good thing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca222 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 am

JOE wrote:So are you saying that there should be no care or support for female victims.. I know domestic violence goes both ways .. but hey you know as much as I that the majority of domestic violence is against women. surely any sort of campaign to help these women is a good thing...  
I don't think this constitutes support for any victims of domestic violence, but creates the illusion that something worthwhile is being done when it isn't.
It's by no means certain that most is directed at women, particularly if you consider violence other than the purely physical.
Rebecca222
Rebecca222

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:50 am

Over 13,500 reports of domestic violence last year being reported through cab.. of which 80% were against women.. the Home office reported over 1.2 million women suffered some form of DV in the UK last year. The white ribbon campaign while it may not seem to be worthwhile to you .. Is in fact bringing the issues of DV to the public who may or may not want to listen.. even if it helps just one man or woman get the necessary help to stop this atrocious crime,, I will carry on and support this campaign

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca222 Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:49 am

It's 'unmanly' to report physical or psychological violence inflicted on you by a woman and some reports from women are false, at times encouraged by others.
Men also go for the physical rather than the psychological, the physical is more easily identified.
Rebecca222
Rebecca222

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mountainman Jones Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:07 am

Male domestic abuse is just as pravalent as female domestic abuse, or even child sexual abuse. I have no patience for wife beaters (or pensioner beaters) but I distrust anything that is coming out of the St. Michaels Church in Mytholmroyd that has politicians swarming about it.

And at the rish of pissing a lot of people off here. How about going into downtown Deeplish/Milkstone Road in Rochdale and passing out flyers and collecting signatures pledging never to commit Child Sexual abuse. That would be risking life and limb but these White Ribbon people would not even acknowledge that problem.
David Mountainman Jones
David Mountainman Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mountainman Jones Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:09 am

What do you think of people who hit pensioners Joe? Maybe we should start up a "Grey Ribbon" campaign against attacking the elderly, I was thinking of asking Coun. Baksa to be its patron.
David Mountainman Jones
David Mountainman Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum